Sunday, September 25, 2016

Trip to Moab

On September 18 I left for a two day trip to do a presentation in Moab. A planner for Grand County had heard me do the presentation in Phoenix earlier in the year at the national APA Conference. He said the people needed to hear this to help them see the potential of their community. They made arrangements for me and Justin Anderson who presented with me to go down. Justin drove down with his family but they offered me to fly down which I did. I flew in an 8 seat plane of Boutique Airlines which I did not know existed. I made it down there in 40 minutes.


This picture is from the inside as you could see the pilots and look through the front window and see everything they see.




The next morning we had various meetings with city officials, a luncheon that was a question and answer period and then that evening Justin and I spoke at a place called Star Hall.



Here is a picture of us setting up in the hall. We had about a 100 people come that evening to listen to us and it turned out well.



The next morning I had some time before my flight back so I rented a bike and biked over to the Colorado River and went up the river on the trail and also on the bridge that crosses the river.





Then it was time to head back. Here is a shot from the sky of Canyon Lands. The plane I flew back on was a single engine where I went down on a twin engine.




The next few days were stormy and by the end of the week was the first snow on the tops of the mountains. Quite a week of different temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment